Online butcher

Feel free to place links here to other BBQ-related sites. No links to other forums or commercial sites without prior permission from an admin.

Moderators: British BBQ Society, Steve

Online butcher

Postby CueBall » 08 Jul 2014, 11:58

First post from me but have been a regular reader for the last couple of years.

Thought I would pass on a link to this online butcher that some may find useful.

http://www.turnerandgeorge.co.uk/the-cuts/packer-cut-brisket.html

A little more expensive than my local butcher but the packer brisket looks great. Shame i'm outside greater London and would have to pay £10 delivery.
CueBall
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Online butcher

Postby JEC » 08 Jul 2014, 18:35

Someone posted a link to this the other week, that is a mighty fine looking piece of meat (think I said that last time!), would like to hear from someone who's ordered from there
JEC

Postby BBQFanatic » 12 Jul 2014, 06:06

I have used them a couple of times and at Meatopia the were the sponsor so I got to trim 40+ of these suckers. They are not your typical American style packers due to the type of animal and I found that you get alot of beef rib meat at the back end of the flat that you trim off which reduces the thickness of your brisket. Very tasty but better value for money is to hit up tom hixsons that does Aussie grain fed or usda briskets at around 5.50/kg rather than the 9/kg you pay for T&G. Saying all that I exclusively get my steaks from T&G and yet to find a better online store in that regards. Hot guts sausages are grand too
Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk
BBQFanatic

Postby JEC » 12 Jul 2014, 06:34

Tom Hixson's looks good, no brisket on at the moment though, will keep a check on it
JEC

Postby Herbiefish » 12 Jul 2014, 06:38

Thanks for the tom hixson link. They don't have any brisket at the moment but will definitely keep an eye on them.

Have used t&g quite a few times. Steaks and whole fillet are always superb. Bit disappointed with the grissle in their sausages though. Dexter burgers are superb and their mince is very good value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herbiefish
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Links